Friday, May 30, 2008

Not a good day

Okay, today has not been the best day of my life. I was running late, as I seem to have lost motivation since I was notified of the "defunding." When I got to work, one of my coworkers asked me if I'm all packed and ready to leave. Another kindly inquired when exactly will be my last day. And another seemed surprised to see me, "Are you still here?" That's got to be my favorite question for the day.

I had several meetings this week, and it was weird after I walked into the room and was greeted with an awkward silence. Everyone feels so bad about the downsizing. And so grateful that it wasn't them.

There are more meetings next week and the following Monday when the company will provide lunch for us out of sympathy. Excuse me, they actually said it would be a Celebration of all our good work over the past 7-8 years. Some days I just don't feel like celebrating my employment status.

Time to press the reset button. Oh darn, I packed it already!

I know there is something better out there for me.

No comments: