Sunday, March 15, 2009

Which seeds to nurture?

I apologize, but I won't say I'm Sorry.



I won't say I'm sorry, because I believe in the impact of words. I don't want to suggest that I am "sorry," which means pitiful, poor or imperfect. I believe we are all divine children of the Universe and as such, cannot be sorry. I can feel sorry for you or regret something I've done, but I am still magnificent. I am still divine. I am still a child of God.



According to many sources, the combined words "I am" are very powerful.



Words are like weeds and I don't want to nurture the wrong ones. Thick Naht Hanh says we have the seeds of compassion and the seeds of violence within us, so every day we need to decide which ones we will nurture and practice. I choose to nuture the seeds of compassion and peace, so I will choose my words carefully. I know how hurtful words can be. Ask any adult who was bullied as a child. The physical wounds heal, but the emotional ones never do. So affirm that you are magnificent and others, too.

No comments: