Monday, May 3, 2010

Is Thinking bad?

I used to think that thinking was good and when the head and heart were in conflict, the best chioce would be to go with the head. I used to agree with Einstein, who said "Thinking is difficult, that's why so few do it."

Now, or should I say, in The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle has given me a new perspective on thinking. I'm actually listening to A New Earth by ET, again, or shall I say, "anew." I'm listening to the audiobook and reading The Power of Now in written form.

ET says that most thinking is incessant, repetitious, and meaningless noise in your head. Most of it is completely unnecessary. I have heard that we think 60-70 thousand thoughts per day, and that 90% are the same thoughts as yesterday, so I have to agree with him.

In his book he quotes Shakespeare, "Nothing is bad or good, but thinking makes it so."

I need to think about this...

I'll write more later.

No comments: