Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tension Headaches

I just read an article about headaches. It seems that many migraines are misdiagnosed as sinus headaches. The medical community says that sinus headaches usually do not cause pain, but may cause pressure. So if you have pain, then you may have a migraine, or a tension headache. There are some ways to tell if it is a migraine. Migraines are often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, vision problems and finding noise and light unbearable, in addition to severe pain. A tension headache is merely painful, but bearable.

The good news is that all of these headaches can be reduced using hypnosis. I have seen tension headaches disappear during a session. I have seen migraine pain minimized during hypnosis, and have talked to several other hypnotists who have helped many people eliminate migraines altogether.

The first time was actually during a lecture at the National Guild of Hypnotists convention several years ago. The speaker asked if any in the audience were experiencing headache pain. Then by asking a few questions suddenly the pain slipped away and she instructed them to just let it go. And they did! Since then I have used the same procedure in my classes and sessions with excellent results.

The best way to eliminate headache pain is with self-hypnosis and I teach my clients how to do this so when they feel a headache coming on, they can stop it before it gets too big to handle.

The good news is all 3 types of headaches respond to hypnosis. Before I hypnotize a client for pain, I insist they see a doctor to make sure it is not a symptom of a more serious problem.

So for common headache pain, you may want to consider a natural drug-free solution: hypnosis!

Call Enlightened Hypnosis at 727-946-1531.

No comments: