Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Is it good?

There is nothing good nor bad, but thinking makes it so.
--Shakespeare

I came across this quote while reading The New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle. A transformational book, by the way! I know because it says so in the first chapter. Or perhaps the introduction. I was skeptical when I read it. I thought Eckhart was being a bit egotistical. But after you read the first three chapters, you realize, that it is not egotistical, but truthful. This book has the potential to be truly transformational.

Ironically, it is about the EGO, which is the root of all dysfunction on the planet!

It is unfair of me to review this book before I have finished it, but I think it is going to take some time for me to get through it. This is NOT a book you can breeze through. It is very powerful and profound.

No comments: