Saturday, April 16, 2011

Financial IQ

I have just completed 2 books by Robert Kiyosaki. The ones I have read are Increase Your Financial IQ and Guide to Becoming Rich. I have also read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which is probably his first and most famous book.

I am very impressed with his chapter on Developing your Financial Genius in Increase your Financial IQ. In it, there is a section about how words inluence our thinking and our behavior. This man grew up in Hawaii. Maybe the differences are more pronounced there, but he states that the rich and the poor speak different dialects. He says the dialect of the poor and middle-class limit the money-making potential of the speakers! He backs this up with science, citing that the mirror neurons in the brain are responsible for this phenomenon. The mirror neurons are the learning parts of the brain and they tend to mirror or reproduce what is in their environment. So if you want to be rich, you have to surround yourself with nice things, and immerse yourself in the language of the wealthy people -- The words, thoughts, and actions of the Rich!

How's that for verbal impact?! I find the scientific evidence for my theory in a book about personal finance. That isn't what I was looking for.

This book also contains a lot about personal and business budgets, net-worth, and the economy. It is very helpful for anyone who deals with money, anyone who buys things, or sells things, anyone who wants money, in short, every one! I recommend it highly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am certainly delighted to discover this. cool job!
Mary