Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Aftermath of "Super" Storm Sandy

I received this message by email last week. I am trying to get the word out about this wonderful woman, Catherine, who is a victim of Super Storm Sandy and is trying to help other victims on Staten Island. She wants to "pay it forward." Please share this with others so we can help her pay it forward and start a circle of kindness.
 
During Hurricane Sandy, Dr. Victor Dolan, your chiropractor, lost his home entirely (12’ water on the street, floor to ceiling inside the one floor home) suffered damage to his office, and lost weeks from his practice.
I also lost my home and was forced to temporary relocate. We are both ‘Sandy Victims’...I got help from a friend, and now want to pay it forward.
That is why I am... writing to you today to help keep this life line open for someone you know personally, and, who has always tried to help you feel better, Dr. Victor Dolan. Dr. Dolan has volunteered and donated thousands of hours to Staten Island over the last twenty-five years. Now it is time for Staten Island to be of aid to him and his family ( drvictordolan@aol.com ).

You are cordially invited to attend a fundraiser for Dr. Victor Dolan on Saturday, February 23, 2013, held at my new (temporary) apartment: 36 Wilson Terrace – 1-A (Todt Hill), Staten Island, NY 10304
I would ask a suggested donation of $25.00 for the fundraiser ( you could donate more if you wish! ), I will provide delicious appetizers and beverages! Someone did this for me, now I am doing this for my chiropractor- Dr. Vic Dolan. Even if you cannot attend, perhaps you can send $25.00 or more to help Dr. Dolan ( homeowner insurance coverage denied ) restore his life, return to his home.
Thank You for helping someone who has volunteered to help Staten Island for years - Catherine

** Please RSVP no later than February 16, 2013.

No comments: