Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents' Birthdays

Today we celebrate Presidents' Day, but it not the birthday of either Lincoln or Washington. Lincoln was born 2-12 and Washington was born 2-22. Official the federal government celebrates only Washington's birthday, and since it is celebrated on the third Monday of February, it will never actually fall on his birthday. The Uniform Monday Holiday Act did NOT combing Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays, although there have been numerous attempts to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog! Do уou have any suggestions for aspiring writеrѕ?

I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a lіttle lost on everything.
Would yоu recοmmend starting with a free platform lіκe Blogger or Wordprеss?

Anonymous said...

Good information. Lucky me I ran across your site by accident (stumbleupon).
I've bookmarked it for later!