Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Animal vs. Vegetable Protein

Remember you were told that you couldn't get enough protein by eating vegetables?

They were wrong!

Think about it, do you know any vegetarians? I know several. I know a woman who has been a vegetarian for 24 years. She's obviously healthy. She's not overweight. Her risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer is quite low.

 I am investigating this because my son has decided to become a vegetarian. I applaud his choice. There are many reasons to eat vegetarian. It is good for the environment, the economy, and your body!

A Vegetarian diet has been proven to reverse Heart Disease. No animal products, no heart disease. What a discovery! all we have to do is eliminate meat from our diet and we can be healthier. So why not? There are many vegetable sources of protein:

Mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, beans, lentils, nuts, avocados, and chia seeds are some of them. Grains and psuedograins (quinoa, buckwheat, and wild rice), contain protein, too.

I am enjoying a lot of new foods and recipes! I feel good about what I am eating, and I feel more healthy, too!

No comments: