Friday, December 26, 2014

Voices in Your Head

How many voices live in your head?

I like to think only one. But sometimes when I speak, especially when I yell, it sounds like my mother!

There is a monolog in my head almost constantly. That's why it is so refreshing to take a break and practice mindfulness for a few minutes each day. And it's healthy, too!

If someone says, "You're thoughtful," it's a a compliment. But, "Be mindful," is a warning, like watch where you're going!

It is NOT easy to stop the flow of thoughts, or the monologue in your mind.

But very good for you. There are many benefits.It calms you down. It helps you concentrate. It helps you get in touch with your feelings. Do you remember feelings, or have you been too busy to really experience them? Really, who has the time?!

I need more time to come to a thoughtful conclusion. I wish all those voices would just be quiet and let me think!

No comments: