Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Where is Cyprus?

I'm going to write a few more articles about Cyprus. Most Americans don't even know that it is an independent country. In Florida, when I say my husband is from Cyprus, they say, Cypress what? Cypress Gardens? All of the developments here have names, and names of trees are quite popular. We have Whispering Oaks, Spanish Pines, and etc. Cypress Gardens is another minor tourist attraction.



I didn't know where it was when I met my husband. He actually drew me a picture, a map and as he drew it, he explained that Jesus lived over here (in the middle East), and Lazarus took a boat over to Cyprus after Jesus revived him, and the apostles traveled here, and Aphrodite was born off the coast of Cyprus, and I was just amazed that I got an education in ancient history as well as Geography! The US is so new and he was telling me about places that are written about in the Bible! He knew where these things actually happened!



Cyprus is located East of Crete, North of Africa, West of Iran, and South of Turkey. It is closer to Turkey than to Greece. It was inhabited by Greeks, Turks, Africans, Romans, etc, But mostly Greeks.

No comments: