Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Greatest Fear

I have a fear of flying...

Not airplane flying, but just getting out there and taking risks without a safety net.

I read a book by Douglas Adams. Several, in fact. I think it is one of the Hitchhiker trilogy. It was a fictional account, but it stated that human beings could fly. But not when they really wanted to. It would have to be when they were completely distrated from whatever they were doing, and if they looked around and said, "Wow! I'm flying!" they would immediately begin to fall. So the trick was to distract yourself again.

I read another book, this time non-fiction, about Meditation. It said that when you realize "Wow! I'm meditating!" then you have lost it.

So my greatest fear is to fall. or fail. I have Fear of Failure. Not Fear of Success. Is there really such a thing? I think it is a misnomer. Why would any fear success unless they think they will lose something or someone.

There is an old song that says: "One small taste of honey is worse than none at all!"

I'm afraid that I will manifest some wonderful things and a steady income of 2000 dollars or better per week, and then when I sit back and say, I'm a great manifestor, it will all disappear. That's my biggest fear.

I see others manifesting some great things. I view them with envy and distrust. Can it really be done? Can it really be so easy?!

I'm not much of a risk taker. Writing this was a risk. No, publishing it will be the risk. For now I will just save it as a draft.

I was given the opportunity to fly on Sunday morning. I shook my head firmly and said no! I wasn't going to go up on stage and sing in front of all thse people! But someone else did. And she did well. She's no Julie Andrews, but she wasn't Lucille Ball, either!

Here goes! We have nothing to fear, but fear itself...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.