Friday, September 28, 2012

Put a Lid on it!

OK, I can't figure this out. I have a round plasticware container in my car, and a square lid.

And in my kitchen cabinet I have about 50 square containers of various widths, but only 2 or 3 square lids and 87 round lids!

What is going on here? I know they all had lids that fit when I purchased them and put them in the cabinet. I have even sorted through them a few times, every 6 years or so, and matched them up. So how come I can never find a lid that fits???!

What happened to the round containers that were in the cabinet? Do they sneak out at night? Do they transmute to another shape every 5 years or so? WHERE ARE THEY?!

If you have or know the whereabouts of my round containers, I will trade you the square ones.
Or we could trade lids...

They used to say there is a lid for every pot. I wonder, do they always fit properly?

No comments: