Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Don't change!

People can’t change. I hear this all the time. Mostly from people who want other people in their life to change. It is frustrating, but we can’t change others.

I also hear this from people who have difficulty breaking a habit. They sigh heavily and say, it’s no use, people can’t change.

The funny thing is, that I see people change all the time! And I can point this out to a friend or client who says, I’ll never quit --- (blank). When I tell them people quit every day! Surely you know someone who has quit?! How did they do it? There are many ways and maybe you just have to try something else. Keep going until you succeed. The only way you can fail is to give up. See “Perseverence” article.

That's why I love hypnosis. People change old habits and old beliefs and find better ways to handle stress, which is the cause of a lot of destructive habits. I enjoy teaching people self-hypnosis so they can reduce stress naturally, without drugs, and in just a few minutes each day!

No comments: