Monday, February 20, 2012

One Hundred Forty Seven Pounds

I stepped on the scale this morning. This is the starting point. It said 147. I have determined that I need to lose 10 pounds. Well, 11. Actually 12. I have been struggling with these 10 pounds for 2 years now and they seem to be particularly stubborn. I blame it on hormones or age. Actually both. I blame it on menopause. Or perimenopause, which is the modern term. I have never weighed more than 150 punds. I reached 150 just before I gave birth to my son. So this fat around the middle is very uncomfortable for me. It's like wearing sandbags. It very much reminds me of my pregnant belly, as I never really carried a lot of weight in that area before. I am a pear, not an apple and have always had a waist much smaller than my hips. So now that the fat is gathering in the middle, where it should NOT be, I am determined to eliminate in a slow and healthy way. I'd like to eliminate it right NOW, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I have never been on a restrictive diet and I do not have the discipline to learn how to count calories and carbs now. I don't like to be hungry. So I've got to figure out a way to make losing fat fun or at least interesting. I'd like to share my journey with you. This will help me with my motivation. You see, I have decided before to lose those unwanted pounds. So how do I find myself here, at 147? I don't know. All I know is I want my waistline back.

As I am new to this, I have decided that 10 weeks should be sufficient to eliminate10 er 12 pounds . I will see 135 pounds on my scale on or before April 30, 2012.

This is the first step, making a decision. No, that was already made. The first step for me is announcing it to the world. So I have to reduce. Otherwise I will feel very foolish.

I think the dangerous width of the waistline is 30 inches for women. I might not be able to findmy measuring tape, but I can probably have my waist measured by my personal trainer tomorrow. I will be taking a class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings starting tomorrow.

No comments: