Friday, February 10, 2012

What's Hypnosis Got to Do With IT?

After reading about the principal who resigned after 2 students committed suicide, I am wondering why they think he is somehow to blame. It seems he is certified in hypnosis and has used hypnosis with many of his students in order to relieve test anxiety. Hypnosis is very useful for this purpose. It can also be used to reduce stress and other types of anxiety (excessive worrying).

So I keep wondering why it is significant that he used hypnosis with these students. I have been using hypnosis for over 15 years and have never heard of any link with suicide or even suicidal thoughts. I have heard, however, that there is an epidemic of teen suicide in the US. Hypnosis is such a wonderful tool for self-development, I just can't help thinking, that these kids could have benefited from using hypnosis more often!

No comments: