Monday, March 5, 2012

One Hundred Forty Five point two

This morning the scale says 145.2. That's one pound more than yesterday. Should I panic? Maybe I should stop eating for a day or two? That's not really feasible for me. I have no success fasting.

Maybe I should just dump this whole diet thing and give up.

Wait! I'm not a quitter. And no scale is gonna be the boss of me!! The scale is just a tool. I'm only using it to reinforce good behavior. I'm not married to it, for Heaven's sake! This is just a tempory setback. Not even a setback. It seems normal for my weight to fluctuate. Some people weigh themselves several times per day. This is obsessive and counter-productive. Some times it takes a while for the scale to catch up with you. Patience and persistence is the key. I do want to lose weight, but my real goal is to feel better and be healthier. Let's just say this is a bump in the road. Shedding pounds is not easy.  You have to learn how. If you beat yourself up every time you eat ice cream or lasagna, you will just crave more. I intend to eat all kinds of tasty foods. I'm not going to give anything up.  Peoople who are naturally thin do not count calories. Somehow they just compensate with activity or a salad later. I want to be a naturally thin person. Hey, that should be easy for me, since for most of my life I have been. I can use hypnosis to help my mind stay on track and maintain a healthy weight for me now as my metabolism adjusts. So all I need is an attitude adjustment. (And maybe I can adjust that scale...)

No comments: